Monday, April 9, 2007

The Funk

I thought about erasing this blog last night. Because here's the deal - I'm not so sure that it's healthy for you. Healthy for me? Sure, but I don't want you to catch the "funk" while you're here. I realized last night these blogs are mainly rough and on the downside, and I don't want you to think I don't have any bright moments - because I do.

Just in case you don't believe me, here are a few I've had lately:

1) I've had an influx of new artists who want to volunteer in ministry. I can't wait to see what they come up with.

2) I've actually been productive this morning.

3) I'm receiving the most fabulous letters from an admirer, and while I am trying to figure out for sure if He is a believer or not, I am still enjoying the heck out of this while it lasts.

4) Distracted by possibilities of said admirer. STOP.

5) coffee.

6) Driving fast and listening to Chevelle.

7) it's cold here at the moment, which is totally out of the ordinary for April, and I am loving every second of it.

There. See?

Why is it that as artists, we tend to paint furiously when things are not so great, yet when things are flying high we drop the brush? Why do our internal musings gravitate toward emoting the dark, the sad, and the lonely?

I don't know. When you figure it out, let me in on it.

But then I looked at my page today and saw your lovely comments. All of them were well timed reminders that empathy - no matter how messy - is healing. And today I am equally reminded that some of the most beautiful art is born out of the darkest of hues.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog.
Welcome to RGBPs -

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbqMz7pGv5A&eurl=http://shotwaters.blogspot.com/

you are not crazy, it is a symptom of the dis - ease of humanity. I hope you decide to get off your meds some day soon...